Careers at Washington Trust
We're looking for people with can–do attitudes
Even if you've never considered working for a bank, you could find the rewarding career you've always wanted with us. At Washington Trust Bank, we're looking for people possessing a can–do attitude, innate talent for success, personable nature and unwavering integrity. If you have these qualities, we'll give you the tools and the training to deliver excellent service and creative solutions that will build long–term client relationships and a fulfilling career.
“The care Washington Trust Bank employees feel starts at the top. I’ve heard before ‘we really rally behind our employees,’ but here it really happens. This really is a family bank.” Eric Paull, VP, Sandpoint Commercial Banking
Our Employees are the Foundation Of Our Success
Underscoring our commitment to customers is a dedication to serving and safeguarding our greatest resource: our employees. We pride ourselves in attracting, developing and rewarding employees at all levels. We strive to lead by example and act with integrity, honesty and ethics. As a community-minded bank, we draw a great sense of accomplishment helping our employees participate in community and neighborhood initiatives.
Strength in Diversity
We believe excellent employees are our greatest strength at Washington Trust Bank, transcending factors such as race, age, religion and sexual orientation. Diversity enriches our workforce and enables us to better serve our customers and the communities in which we live, work and play. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Washington Trust Bank, please call 509.358.8165 or email email@example.com.
What's Different About Washington Trust Bank?
Ever since opening our doors in 1902, we have been driven to provide the highest level of quality service and financial stability to our customers. We differ from other financial institutions by:
- Promoting an environment where team and individual accomplishments are rewarded fostering an environment that inspires our staff to provide customers with uncompromised, consistent quality.
- Earning the respect of the communities we serve by conducting our business with integrity and by keeping our commitments.
- Pledging to make the communities we serve great places to live, raise a family and run a business. We touch hundreds of causes each year with the help of our dedicated employees.
Just as our customers have been trusting us with their financial decisions for more than a century, our employees have entrusted us with helping them achieve their career goals.
Washington Trust Bank is committed to professional development and training opportunities for our valued employees. We offer several formal training programs as well as personalized one-on-one coaching and development for employees in both leadership and non-leadership positions.
Commercial Lending Training
This program aims to cultivate employee flexibility and adaptability in providing excellent service to a diverse set of customers. Employees learn technical and sales knowledge to ensure we know our customers and their business to provide the best solution to their needs.
Continuing in our tradition as a visionary leader in banking since 1902, Washington Trust Bank has developed the Leadership 20/20 program, which invests in manager-nominated individuals who demonstrate an aptitude and work ethic to become the bank leaders of tomorrow. Leaders learn the fundamentals of coaching their teams for success and managing a diverse workforce in a rapidly evolving environment.
Aimed at promoting excellence in our tellers and financial service representatives, this program covers the technical aspects of the job, as well as the skills of effectively dealing with our most important goal, outstanding customer service.
Washington Trust Bank is committed to a total compensation package (base pay, benefits and, where appropriate, incentive and/or bonus plans) because we know employees are the key to our competitiveness in our markets. To that end, we offer total compensation opportunities competitive to our labor market peers, in order to ensure we recruit and retain the most qualified individuals. We recognize and encourage performance excellence while attracting, retaining and rewarding the best possible workforce.
Full-and part-time employees of Washington Trust Bank enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefit plans:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (available for positions at 20 hours per week)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Health Care Reimbursement Plan
- Parking/Transportation Reimbursement Plan
- 401(k) Plan featuring immediate eligibility and company match
- Defined Contribution Plan
Paid Time Off
- Vacation, Holidays, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
Child/Family Day Care Resources
- Family Care Resource Center
Employee Assistance Program
- Personal Counseling
- Elder Care Assistance
- Financial Services
- Legal Consultations
- Commercial Credit Training Program
- Customer Service Training
- Educational Assistance
- Leadership Development Program
- Mentoring Program
- Training Library
- Retail Training Program
- Online Career Planning and Development Tools
- Personal Development Workshops and Assessments
- Personal and Leadership Development Coaching
Employee Financial and Banking Services
- Free Checking and Savings Accounts
- Reduced Rates on Loans and Credit Cards
- Interest-free Computer Loans
- Home Mortgage Benefits
- Overall Health Risk Assessment
- Corporate-sponsored Wellness Competitions
- Targeted Health Coaching
- Disease Management Programs
- Self-Care Resources
- Educational Workshops
- Employee Family Picnic
- Employee Holiday Party
- Discounted Movie and Event Tickets
- Discounted YMCA Memberships
The statements contained above are intended to describe, in general terms, the benefits offered by Washington Trust Bank. The specific terms and conditions governing the coverage are set forth in the Master Contracts on file in the Human Resources Department.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for position with Washington Trust Bank, please call 509-358-8165 or email at HumanResources@watrust.com.