Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager I & II
This position embodies the Washington Trust Bank culture, by remaining focused on the customer experience in all aspects of their decisions. To meet this expectation this position is responsible for co-managing the branch as a business while demonstrating positive leadership behaviors through team motivation and development while leading by example. This includes directing branch activity to meet goals for sales and service including expansion, acquisition, and retention of customer relationships and service quality. Ensures branch activities reflect the sales strategies of the branch's role in the market. Participates in sales activities to achieve branch goals and may include calling on existing and prospective customers, opening accounts, originating and closing credit transactions, and may act as relationship manager for appropriate customers. Responsible for staffing and scheduling for the branch. Conducts and may participate in weekly sales team or one-on-one meetings with Market and/or other Branch Managers. Follows appropriate chain of command for operational and employee issues. Directs customer service, operations, administration, branch audit and staff development. Supports the market in community involvement efforts.
Primary time allocation is dedicated to mentoring, managing and supporting sales and service activities and operations in the branch while maintaining an audit compliant branch and monitoring regulatory issues. Manages proactive and reactive expansion to ensure development and retention of profitable relationships and assures appropriate targeting, tracking, and recognition occurs. Provides sales support, training, coaching, mentoring and subordinate development to appropriate branch staff and ensures that performance reviews and development plan documentation for assigned staff is completed. Maintains a professional working relationship with business partners and departments throughout the bank. Meets regularly with Branch Manager providing feedback on branch strategies and plan for further growth of the branch. Regular, reliable attendance is required. Perform compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned.
- Takes ownership and emulates the highest level of customer service in all situations. Demonstrates a high level of product knowledge
- Ensures professionalism and service expectations are aligned with corporate standards and followed by all branch personal
- Maintains a high level of product knowledge and customer service skills based on completion of internal and approved external training programs. Keeps up to date with changes to products and services.
- Works with other managers and staff to exceed customer needs in a responsive, efficient manner across department lines.
- Ensures and coordinates daily operation with accuracy and efficiency.
- Works with the manager to provide administrative and operational direction and support for the branch.
- Provides professional financial advice, guidance, and solutions through staff and directly to customers.
- Partners with the Branch Manager in coordinating training, sales, service and operational initiatives.
- Partners with the Branch Manager in the implementation of sales processes, which includes taking the lead and managing sales goals and initiatives.
- Contributes to the achievement of the branch and market goals.
- Participating and promoting team involvement in community organizations and business development activities when appropriate.
- Drives goal planning and developing strategies for the branch.
- Conducts regular sales, one-on-one, and all-staff meetings.
- Acts as the Compliance Representative and facilitates appropriate compliance information at regular Assistant Manager meetings. Conducts the necessary spot checks and training for audits for the branches. Adheres to bank policy manual.
- Partners with Branch Manager to analyze workloads and workflows, designing and implementing best practices which define the most efficient way to conduct specific processes as well as continually upgrading and evaluating processes.
- Manage branch to proactively educate, identify and prevent fraud situations.
- Responsible for adhering and managing team to bank security and dual control policies.
- Researches and troubleshoots complex issues.
- Demonstrates positive leadership behaviors through team motivation and development while leading by example.
- Acts as the branches primary operation contact providing daily support to branches in problem resolution relative to policies, procedures, compliance, technical and operational issues, as well as business and personal document interpretation.
- Maintains responsibility for managing branch staff as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Directly delivers coaching and training of job expectations, Human Resource functions, and staff development activities.
- Manages performance review documentation, development and delivery to branch staff. May assist with Financial Concierge performance management.
- Partners with Branch Manager and Human Resources in recruitment and hiring process.
- Manages customer base to meet bank income goals. Directly responsible for maintaining reasonable fee waiver and budgetary expectations, as assigned by Branch Manager.
- Accountable for complying with bank policies and procedures, and governmental regulatory requirements as written in bank policy and procedure documentation.
- Conducts other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Goal oriented, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to sell products & services to customers.
- Ability to prioritize workflow, solve customer or staff problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Required to maintain the security and confidentiality of Bank and customer information.
- Strong leadership skills including team recognition, motivation and conflict resolution.
- Completion of all appropriate Sales, Service, Employee Retention and Management training
- Ability to work with and manage various personality types toward a common goal.
- Must be comfortable with achieving personal goals through the performance of others.
- Ability to professionally and calmly deal with difficult, angry, unreasonable, or verbally abusive persons.
- Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to insure no loss of efficiency.
- Ability to react, lead and manage in emotional, crisis or unusual situations utilizing appropriate resources and bank policies.
- Required to operate computer programs and office equipment.
- Must adhere to Bank Dress Guidelines and portray a professional image at all times.
- May be required to lift heavy bags of coin (approximately 27 pounds each) or assist customers with boxes at the Safe Deposit area.
- May be required to work extended hours as needed to assist branch.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.