Cash Vault Specialist I–IV
Cash Vault Specialists are responsible for accurately and efficiently processing customer transactions and large volumes of coin and currency. Additional expectations include answering internal and external customer inquiries, proactively finding solutions through clear understanding of bank products, and complying with regulatory issues as they apply to the position.
- Maintains a positive attitude while meeting service expectations and assisting others.
- Processes transactions related to checking, savings, and loans.
- Balances a cash drawer in accordance with bank standards.
- Provides advice and recommends solutions to other departments or directly to customers.
- Works with other Bank managers and staff to meet customer needs in a responsive, efficient manner.
- Maintains accountability for individual contributions to the achievement of branch and team goals, encouraging self and others to achieve results
- Contributes to the achievement of Cash Vault departmental goals.
- Reports to either CV Specialist IV or Cash Vault Manager, as determined by Cash Vault configuration.
- Balances cash drawer within acceptable time period and maintains assigned cash drawer limits.
- Complies with Bank policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies and prevents fraud.
- Tracks specific customer transaction statistics for the purpose of developing charges through account analysis.
- Works with team to manage cash across the organization.
- Assists other departments with coordination & testing of system enhancements, conversions, and interfaces.
- Performs compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Cash Vault Manager or CV Specialist IV.
- Advanced cash handling skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and enthusiastic in regard to customer service.
- High degree of PC based technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products and other necessary applications
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- High degree of technical skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, 10-key skills.
- Aptitude for problem solving, trouble shooting and error resolution
- Background in accounting and mathematics desired.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively in a deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining a professional and mature demeanor.
- Ability to learn quickly, think clearly, and communicate effectively, professionally and respectfully, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work within daily time constraints & complete all tasks by end of day.
- Ability to prioritize tasks while effectively managing interruptions.
- Ability to repeatedly lift heavy bags containing deposits, currency and/or coin weighing 30-50 pounds, to a height of four feet.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Required to work in a closed environment with no windows, where processing large volumes of currency/coin may generate dusty conditions.
- Ability to use computer equipment effectively, reading screens and operating keyboards, including ability to enter numbers and words accurately and efficiently for brief to extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.