IT Technical Analyst / Senior IT Technical Analyst
The primary objective of a Technical Analyst is to keep assigned applications up-to-date and running efficiently. Incumbents in this position must have significant technical skills and the ability to apply those skills towards real, workable solutions in a business environment. Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in plain language is needed. IT Technical Analysts must have an acute understanding that other people within the business depend on their services, and know how to respond to that dependency with urgency when appropriate. This may be via acknowledgement of issues, timely updates and resolution.
- Works closely with Business Analyst, Systems Development, Infrastructure System Admins and IT Service Desk to ensure that appropriate support standards are followed.
- Performs research, implementation, documentation, and maintenance tasks for assigned banking applications. May be the primary or backup support for specific applications.
- Ensures all applications under management are current on all releases, patches, and that documentation (including installation instructions, application risk assessments, FAQ’s, security set up and troubleshooting guides) is kept up-to-date.
- Performs level II/III troubleshooting support including working with outside vendors for issue resolution.
- Documents change management for system changes and bank control changes.
- Follows established change management procedures.
- Responsible for the coordination and documentation of security entitlement changes needed to take advantage of new features/functionality.
- Performs or coordinates the installation of system updates.
- Participates in testing new feature functionality for assigned applications.
- Responsible for project management on upgrades following appropriate project management methodology.
- Responds to information requests in support of audit/compliance review as requested by the IT Business Analyst.
- Maintains overall knowledge of general banking practices and business unit functions.
- Assists with special projects or duties as assigned.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Perform compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent related experience preferred. Technical certifications preferred.
- Functional knowledge of the usage and functions of network operating systems, relational database technologies, application architectures (thin client computing, client server systems, web-based systems)
- Functional knowledge of or work experience within supported business unit(s) desired.
- Strong communication skills; ability to analyze, synthesize and articulate complex ideas into layman’s terms to multiple levels of the organization; technical writing skills as needed for documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with and work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Proven ability to utilize office automation tools to create efficient processes and procedures within the job function and with users as needs arise.
- Ability to work additional hours as required by operational and production work loads.
- Ability to independently function efficiently and effectively under demanding and continual deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor; excellent time and stress management skills.
- High level of written and oral comprehension, articulating complex ideas clearly and communicating effectively.
- Mental capacity to evaluate, calculate and interpret complex information and situations simultaneously. Ability to be a detailed, logical thinker.
- Ability to learn new processes and ideas.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of service to customers.
- High level of mobility required for frequent business unit site visits and interaction, with occasional travel to various vendor seminars and business locations, including branches, training sites, etc.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively within a general office environment
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in person, hearing and speaking clearly.
- Ability to use personal computers effectively and extensively, reading screens and operating keyboards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.