Priority Service Representative
Priority Service Representative I–II
To provide courteous, professional, accurate customer service while actively seeking to enhance the customer experience and expand the relationship with Washington Trust Bank. This person will service within the Call Center to provide assistance to both internal and external customers in all facets of banking. Regular, reliable attendance is required. Perform compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned.
- Provide accurate information for customers.
- Respond to calls using prescribed guidelines.
- Provide courteous service to customers, co-workers and other bank employees through prompt response to requests, a willingness to help and friendly service exceeding customer expectations.
- Process transactions, stop payments, deposit verifications and other assigned duties accurately and in a timely manner. Refund fees appropriately and within authorized limits. Verify caller identity according to procedure.
- Maintain broad knowledge of Operations department functions and specific knowledge of Deposit Support and Research functions in order to facilitate follow-up research for customers.
- Maintain a level of service that will produce good quality service each customer. Contribute to department service quality goal achievement.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop new account referrals.
- Maintain knowledge of products and services.
- Represent the Bank in a professional and positive manner.
- Actively participate in meetings & bank training to develop skills.
- Help to minimize costs associated with supplies, equipment, staffing and other expenses.
- Handle customer information with confidentiality.
- Assist with projects and duties as assigned.
- Accurately record department measurements as assigned.
- Communicate customer issues and expectations to Supervisor.
Maintain a working knowledge of systems utilized by Priority Service:
- Automatic Call Distribution Telephone System
- Customer Information System
- Check Order System
- Credit Card System
- OnLine Banking System
- Bank Report Retrieval System
- Other Desktop Software
- One to two years of retail, customer service, sales or equivalent experience.
- Ability to listen and ask appropriate questions in order to best serve the customer
- Telephone communication skills
- Written communication skills
- General banking knowledge
- Basic keyboard skills
- Ability to manage multiple computer applications simultaneously
- Ability to think clearly, communicate effectively & learn quickly.
- May encounter difficult, angry, unreasonable or verbally abusive persons at times.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, hearing & speaking clearly.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.