We understand that mistakes can happen. Overdraft Protection can save you from the fees and embarrassment of denied debit card transactions and bounced checks. To take advantage of added security on your checking account, simply link your checking account to an additional account.
Setup Overdraft Protection on your account today.
Or call Priority Serivces at 800.788.4578
Need additional money management assistance?
Washington Trust Bank has partnered with Money Management Counseling**
Here are four ways you can avoid overdrawing your account.
1. Talk with us about how the following Washington Trust Bank products can assist with Overdraft Protection:
*New accounts are subject to credit approval.
Once you open or apply for any of the above accounts, link them to your checking account as Overdraft Protection against future occurrences. This way, if you perform a transaction that exceeds the balance in your checking account, funds from the linked account will be transferred to cover the overdraft. There is a $7 fee for each overdraft transfer from a savings or money market account, and a $10 fee for each transfer from a credit card or line of credit.
2. Enroll in WTB Online Banking
Take advantage of our FREE online money management tools, with Mobile Banking, Finance Works™and bill payment, to help easily budget, save and get control of your money.
- See where your money is going, including pending transactions
- Set–up low balance alerts in Online Banking
- Make informed decisions about where you're spending your money
- View your accounts from more than 5,000 financial institutions and credit card sites
- Ensure your bills are paid on time
3. Ensure your bank activity is accurately reflected in your records:
- Record all check and debit card transactions
- Record all automatic withdrawals and deposits
- Balance your checking account to your bank statement on a monthly basis
Money Management Counseling**
You can take advantage of free money management counseling by contacting Money Management International at 866.515.2227. Or visit their website at www.moneymanagement.org. They will assist you in budget management strategies.
If your account remains in a negative balance it may be closed by the bank. At that time we may report information about your account to consumer reporting and collection agencies. Defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
If you have questions or concerns about your account, feel free to contact your branch manager or a Priority Service representative at 800.788.4578.
**Money Management International (MMI) does not lend money and is not a loan company. MMI provides free counseling and education programs. Clients who choose to participate in a Debt Management Plan (DMP) will be assessed a fee for services where allowed by state law. Fees may be waived based on federal poverty level guidelines. The establishment of DMP may adversely affect the individual's credit rating or credit scores, and nonpayment of debt may lead creditors to increase finance and other charges or to undertake collection activity, including litigation. Member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling and the Association for Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies, Accredited by the Council on Accreditation.