This position embodies the Washington Trust Bank culture, by remaining focused on the customer experience in all aspects of their decisions. To meet this expectation this position is responsible for managing the branch as a business while demonstrating positive leadership behaviors through team motivation and development while leading by example. Manages customer service, sales, operations, administration and staff development for assigned branch(es). Supports the market in community involvement efforts.
Primary time allocation is dedicated to managing and supporting implementation of sales and service activities in the branch. Coaches to all corporate sponsored training programs. Manages reactive and proactive expansion to ensure development and retention of profitable relationships and assures appropriate targeting, tracking, and recognition occurs. Provides sales support, training, coaching, mentoring and development to all branch staff and ensures that core competency and development plan documentation for all staff is completed. Provides support and assistance to relationship managers throughout the bank. Meets regularly with Regional Manager to give feedback on branch strategies and plan for further growth of the branch. Perform compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned.
- Provides professional financial advice, guidance and solutions to customer inquiries and problems. Works with other managers and staff to proactively meet customer needs in a responsive, efficient manner, across department lines.
- Demonstrates a high level of product knowledge and customer service skills.
- Acts as Relationship Manager for consumer and Small Business Banking customers, when appropriate.
- Provides overall direction for the branch sales and service delivery.
- Directly conducts coaching, training, human resource functions and staff development activities.
- Manages customer base to meet bank goals, strategies and initiatives.
- Ultimately responsible for all regulatory and compliance activity within the branch including overseeing of the branch audit.
- Monitors and manages specific budget areas as assigned by Regional Manager.
- Manage Branch to proactively identify and prevent fraud situations.
- Works with Manager, when necessary and Human Resources in recruitment and hiring process.
- Accountable for complying with bank policies and procedures, and governmental regulatory requirements as written in bank policy and procedure documentation. Participates in community affairs and activities and various Bank functions, which may include after hours and weekend involvement.
- Integrates effective Internal Controls into all applicable work processes. Maintains a working knowledge of Internal Controls with particular attention to Key Controls. Is responsible for ensuring that updates to Internal Controls documentation are performed timely when there are changes in the risk parameters and/or work flow.
- Conducts other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Develops branch strategies for implementation of sales programs to meet sales, service and profitability goals.
- Makes calls to business customers and prospects for expansion, acquisition and retention purposes.
- Manages team to achieve branch and market goals, strategies and initiatives.
- Manages and motivates team to achieve sales goals and activities.
- Conducts periodic sales, one-on-one, and all-staff meetings.
- Participating and promoting team involvement in community organizations and business development activities when appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in all levels of the bank, inter-division as well as cross-department.
- Goal oriented, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to sell products & services to customers.
- Demonstrates strong sales management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong self and staff development skills including team recognition, motivation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to prioritize workflow, solve customer or staff problems and manage multiple tasks.
- Positively supports the Bank and leads team through policy, philosophy and guiding principles.
- Required to maintain the security and confidentiality of Bank and customer information.
- Completion of all appropriate Loan Origination, Sales, Service and appropriate training.
- May be required to have or obtain a Mortgage Loan Originator registration number through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)
- Regular, required attendance is required.
- High degree of PC based technical skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Ability to work with and manage various personality types toward a common goal.
- Must be comfortable with achieving personal goals through the performance of others.
- Ability to professionally and calmly deal with difficult, angry, unreasonable, or verbally abusive persons.
- Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to insure no loss of efficiency.
- Ability to react, lead and manage in emotional, crisis or unusual situations utilizing appropriate resources and bank policies.
- Required to operate computer programs and office equipment.
- Must adhere to Bank Dress Guidelines and portray a professional image at all times.
- May be required to lift heavy bags of coin (approximately 27 pounds each) or assist customers with boxes at the Safe Deposit area.
- May be required to work extended hours as needed to assist branch.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.