Credit Analyst / Sr. Credit Analyst
Assists Relationship Managers (RM) in the credit analysis and evaluation process of existing and potential loan customers.
- Assists RM in credit analysis, assessment of risk rating, problem loan reporting and other credit administration requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates business financial reports, prepares written credit authorizations pursuant to Bank policy and ensures proper monitoring and documentation are reviewed.
- Prepares financial projections and customized automated spreadsheets for analyzing commercial borrowers and prospects.
- Develops financial models based upon customized financial formats.
- Prepares financial statement presentations for analyzing business borrowers.
- Perform compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned.
- Assists with other department duties and projects, as requested by team lead.
- Strong accounting aptitude.
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability.
- Experience with computer assisted financial analysis and PC-based financial models; knowledge of spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Excel, etc).
- Strong knowledge of Bank loan policies and general commercial documentation requirements.
- AIB course work in analyzing financial statements desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong detail orientation with high level of organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative; ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- General office conditions
- Ability to work well with multiple directions from people with diversified personalities.
- Must evaluate, calculate and interpret information and situations and make appropriate decisions concerning them.
- Ability to independently perform credit analysis and support conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure situations and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone, hearing and speaking clearly.
- Ability to operate PCs and related office equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.