Financial Concierge (Universal Banker)
This position embodies the Washington Trust Bank culture by remaining focused on the customer experience in all aspects of their decisions. The position is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirement of internal and external retail banking customers. Incumbents must build strong, professional relationships as a point of sale representative for deposit and lending related products and services. Embraces individual sales and service strategies and participates in retail driven sales strategies.
Incumbents must be proficient in bank products, have excellent sales and service skills and be knowledgeable in regards to regulatory issues as they apply to this position.
Sales and Service
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect by providing accurate and timely service and information
- Provides high quality servicing, retention, development and expansion of customer relationships
- Provides product opportunities to customers using proactive selling techniques; efficiently and accurately opens all branch related products
- Maintains current knowledge of all Retail Banking products, including benefits and features, in order to identify and resolve customers’ needs
- Performs teller, new account and lending responsibilities in order to best serve needs of the customer
- Maintains accountability for individual contributions to the achievement of branch and team goals, encouraging self and others to achieve results
- Meets with manager to discuss sales strategy calls and reports results relative to current branch focus
- Participates in community affairs and activities where warranted for effective business development and community exposure
- Works with other bank personnel to proactively meet customer needs in an efficient manner across all departments
- Complies with all Bank policies and procedures
- Participates in branch audits
- Maintains knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues as appropriate
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with customers, co-workers and management, building appropriate rapport at all levels
- Ability to listen and ask appropriate questions in order to best serve the customer
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with accurate attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, using logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- High degree of PC based technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products and other necessary applications
- Required to maintain the security and confidentiality of Bank and customer information
- May be required to have or obtain a Mortgage Loan Originator registration number through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Perform compliance and risk management duties as required or assigned
- Ability to professionally deal with diverse individuals
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously under deadlines and stress
- Mental abilities and capacity to evaluate, calculate and interpret information and situations.
- Must be comfortable performing in a goal and sales-driven environment with a portion of salary earned from incentive.
- May be required to lift heavy bags of coin (approximately 27 pounds each)
- May sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively in a general office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, hearing and speaking clearly.
- Ability to use PC's effectively, reading screens and operating keyboards, including ability to enter numbers and words accurately and efficiently for brief to extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel intermittently, including visits to remote locations, with the possibility of overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.